What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a treatment used to exfoliate the epidermis while also getting rid of vellus hair (peach fuzz). This is a simple, safe and pain free procedure.
What you need to know
- Each session takes 30-45 minutes
- Multiple treatments will give the best results
- Skin may be sensitive afterwards
- Hair will NOT grow back thicker and darker
- An SPF of 30+ should be worn to prevent sun damage
Dermaplaning can be done alone or added on and combined with other skin care treatments, such as facials, chemical peels and microdermabrasion
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Provides deeper product penetration.
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils.
- Promotes smoother skin.
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peachfuzz”
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Diminishes the look of fine lines.
- Works on all skin types.
- How often should I Dermaplane?
Dermaplaning is recommended every three to four weeks. An esthetician will help you figure out a schedule. Each time you get dermaplaned, you’re removing about two to three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells.
SIMPLE, SAFE, AND PAIN FREE
Dermaplaning can be done alone or added on and combined with other skin care treatments, such as facials, chemical peels and microdermabrasion.